Forums » News and Announcements

Cody Eakin Jersey

• 454 posts
    December 16, 2018 11:44 PM PST
    OTTAWA http://www.goldenknightsshoponline.com/authentic-brad-hunt-jersey , Ontario (AP) Colin White has only had 11 games to make a positive impression in Ottawa. But with the Senators missing four veteran forwards Tuesday night, that’s exactly what he did.The 21-year-old White scored his first NHL goal and undermanned Ottawa went on to a 5-3 victory over the New Jersey Devils.White, who has split time between Ottawa and the American Hockey League this season, looked right at home playing alongside Matt Duchene and Mike Hoffman, who also scored.”He’s getting better and better every night,” said Duchene, who had three points. ”He’s going to be a heck of a hockey player in this organization and I’m really enjoying playing with him.”Senators coach Guy Boucher has been impressed with White, but said Duchene deserves a great deal of credit for taking him under his wing and helping him adapt to the NHL.”I think the kid is learning fast and he’s helping us,” Boucher said. ”Right now he’s showing us that he’s ready to play at this level and we’ll see where it takes us. He’s relentless, and that’s my type of person.”I like the fact that Duchene is really leading with him and helping him and that connection is good.”White was excited to finally get his first goal. He picked up his first career assist last Saturday.”It was a nice play all around,” White said. ”Duchene brought it in, (Thomas Chabot) looked off the D and made a great play back door and then I just got it and ripped it. It was pretty exciting.”Duchene had a goal and two assists. Chris DiDomenico and Zack Smith also scored for Ottawa, and Craig Anderson made 30 saves.The Senators were already missing Mark Stone (knee) and Bobby Ryan (hand) on Tuesday when they learned they would be without Derick Brassard Cody Eakin Jersey , who is banged up, and Nate Thompson, who left the morning skate early as he continues to deal with a lower-body injury.Travis Zajac, Taylor Hall and Kyle Palmieri scored for the Devils. Keith Kinkaid allowed four goals on 20 shots before being replaced by Eddie Lack, who gave up one goal on 12 shots.Trailing 5-2 to start the third period, the Devils made it a two-goal game on Palmieri’s 11th of the season.The Senators took a 4-1 lead midway through the second when White scored on a great feed from Chabot in front of 13,991 at Canadian Tire Centre. The goal put an end to Kinkaid’s night.The Devils trimmed the deficit when Hall scored his 19th of the season on a power play, extending his scoring streak to 11 games (seven goals, 10 assists). Alex Burrows was given a double-minor after taking exception to a hit from Hall and chasing him down before punching him.”I thought it was a clean hit,” Hall said. ”He was losing his mind and I think he kneed me in the back of the head at one point.”The Senators made it 5-2 in the final minute of the second when Jean-Gabriel Pageau fed Smith for a breakaway as he stepped out of the penalty box. He made no mistake in beating Lack, who made his first appearance in goal for the Devils.”I feel I’ve got to make that save on the breakaway to give us a chance to come back,” Lack said. ”Three goals is a little bit too much to start the third.”An entertaining first period saw the Senators jump out to a 3-1 lead.The Devils opened the scoring two minutes in as Stefan Noesen took advantage of a turnover and found Zajac, who beat Anderson short side.The Senators made the most of a two-man advantage as Hoffman beat Kinkaid with a one-timer to the top corner. On the ensuing power play Youth Colin Miller Jersey , DiDomenico scored his fifth of the season.Duchene completed the scoring, beating Kinkaid short side on a play that started with a great behind-the-back pass from Hoffman.NOTES: Ottawa recalled Max McCormick from Belleville of the AHL. … Hall played in his 500th NHL game.UP NEXTDevils: Host the Calgary Flames on Thursday night.Senators: Host the Nashville Predators on Thursday night.— WASHINGTON (AP) On the night Alex Ovechkin reached one milestone, his goal-scoring prowess moved him closer to another.Ovechkin added to his NHL lead with two goals while tying the Washington record for most games played, and the Capitals beat the Buffalo Sabres 5-1 on Saturday.”In this day and age, there are not a lot of players with the same team. Those days are probably past a little bit,” Capitals coach Barry Trotz said. ”He’s durable. Those two combinations have had a big impact on the franchise for a long time now.”Evgeny Kuznetsov scored 50 seconds into the game and had two assists. Andre Burakovsky and Lars Eller also had goals for Washington, which leapfrogged Pittsburgh and moved back into first place in the Metropolitan Division. The Capitals had lost two in a row and five of seven.Ovechkin’s 37th goal came on the power play with 9:47 remaining after Buffalo closed to 2-1 on Sam Reinhart’s goal 14 seconds into the third period. Ovechkin redirected a shot past Sabres goaltender Robin Lehner with 1:24 left for his 38th goal.The 32-year-old Ovechkin played in his 983rd NHL game, tying Calle Johansson for most in Capitals history.”I’m getting old, you know?” Ovechkin joked. ”Soon it’s going to be 1,000. That’s a pretty big number for games. I’m pretty happy to reach that milestone with one organization. It’s pretty cool.”Ovechkin holds franchise records for goals (596) and points (1,105). He is four goals from becoming the 20th player in NHL history with 600.”When you get closer, you want it done earlier,” Ovechkin said. ”You’re stuck at 599 Womens Deryk Engelland Jersey , you want to pass it. Hoping in a couple of games I will have it done and we move forward.”The Sabres held out forward Evander Kane. He could be dealt by Monday’s trade deadline.”Management thought it was the best decision moving forward and the best decision for Evander,” coach Phil Housley said before the game.Philipp Grubauer made 28 saves for his third win in three starts. Grubauer’s previous victory came against Buffalo, 3-2 on Monday.Washington held off Buffalo after allowing two third-period goals in Thursday’s 3-2 loss at Florida.The Sabres struggled defensively against Washington’s speed.”Focus a little bit more on the defensive end to start the game,” Reinhart said. ”I think we gave them too much respect.”After receiving the puck outside the blue line, Kuznetsov darted to the left of Lehner, cut across the middle and then patiently held the puck until Lehner committed. Kuznetsov knocked the puck into the open net for a 1-0 lead.Burakovsky’s spectacular goal began with him evading four defenders before nudging a backhand into the left corner.”We didn’t check well enough to take away their speed,” Housley said. ”I just feel there were some guys not ready to play tonight.”NOTES: Buffalo was 5-0-1 in its previous six road games. … Washington won the season series 2-1. … Kane, who can become an unrestricted free agent this summer, ranks second on the Sabres behind injured Jack Eichel with 20 goals. Kane is third in points (44) behind Eichel and Ryan O’Reilly. … Brett Connolly, Dmitry Orlov, Matt Niskanen and John Carlson had assists for Washington. … Buffalo’s last win at Washington came on Nov. 22, 2014.UP NEXTPanthers: Host the Boston Bruins on Sunday evening.Capitals: At the Columbus Blue Jackets on Monday night.—
    • 96 posts
    • 8510 posts
    January 24, 2019 10:51 PM PST

Latest news headlines from India and around the world. Check out today's most recent & up-to-date news coverage, videos & photos at
    sports news
    latest news in hindi