Forums » News and Announcements

Economy 10 electricity suppliers

• 59 posts
    May 7, 2020 4:08 PM PDT

For those who may be trying to load their heat pumps at an off-peak rate and may not have heard of Economy 10, this site may just be the place you want to go to check out exactly who can supply you and who has the best prices.

The site is independently run by mark, who was frustrated when he moved into a new home, trying to figure out exactly who made the E10 and at what prices they sold it, as none of the comparison sites list it.

Most areas of the country have E10-00: 00 to 05: 00, then 13: 00 to 16: 00 and 20:00 to 22: 00 (10 hours)

I have been using this for some time with iSupplyenergy and am currently paying 7.5 pkWh off peak.

If I had an ASHP with COP 3, the operating cost would be 2.5 pkW thermal - less than 1/2 the cost of gas depending on where you get it from.

Having 3 periods during the day means that you can charge bimodally, and so the heat store can be 50% less than if you were doing it with a savings of 7.

• 21 posts
    May 9, 2020 2:34 AM PDT

Jhohn London said:

For those who may be trying to load their heat pumps at an off-peak rate and may not have heard of Economy 10, this site may just be the place you want to go to check out exactly who can supply you and who has the best prices.

The site is independently run by mark, who was frustrated when he moved into a new home, trying to figure out exactly who made the E10 and at what prices they sold it, as none of the comparison sites list it.

Most areas of the country have E10-00: 00 to 05: 00, then 13: 00 to 16: 00 and 20:00 to 22: 00 (10 hours)

I have been using this for some time with iSupplyenergy and am currently paying 7.5 pkWh off peak.

If I had an ASHP with COP 3, the operating cost would be 2.5 pkW thermal - less than 1/2 the cost of gas depending on where you get it from.

Having 3 periods during the day means that you can charge bimodally, and so the heat store can be 50% less than if you were doing it with a savings of 7.

thanks a lot for posting!

• 33 posts
    May 9, 2020 2:35 AM PDT

This post was edited by Dan Golfy at May 9, 2020 2:36 AM PDT

• 14 posts
    May 9, 2020 4:10 AM PDT

Thanks for the detailed article, but unfortunately this will not help me anymore. The fact is that I was in a hurry and made a very serious mistake. I recently acquired help for my business. This building used to be a living room and the former owners paid very small electricity bills. After the renewal I was surprised that my accounts were so huge. I began to be interested in the Internet and realized that I started using the tariff for tenants ... I'm sorry that I had not read this article at https://usave.co.uk/ before.

This post was edited by George Xavier at May 9, 2020 4:11 AM PDT
    • 6 posts
    May 9, 2020 4:16 AM PDT

George Xavier said:

Thanks for the detailed article, but unfortunately this will not help me anymore. The fact is that I was in a hurry and made a very serious mistake. I recently acquired help for my business. This building used to be a living room and the former owners paid very small electricity bills. After the renewal I was surprised that my accounts were so huge. I began to be interested in the Internet and realized that I started using the tariff for tenants ... I'm sorry that I had not read this article at https://usave.co.uk/ before.

amazing answer! I think that green energy is our future.